Posted 2 months ago
Remedy’s mission is to help make prescription drugs more affordable and accessible for payors and patients for optimum health. Our analytics produce an “MRI” of a company’s complex Rx spend, uncovering actionable information that saves millions of dollars, while also offering key insight into population health management. All of this can be accomplished without changing the insurer, plan design, PBM, formulary, or clinical programs.
Based in Milwaukee, WI, Remedy has a thriving business with a casual, friendly atmosphere and an entrepreneurial spirit. There are flexible work arrangements with an excellent incentive-compensation program and competitive benefits. Remedy offers an outstanding opportunity to explore, understand and impact the future of healthcare. We’re a true team in every sense, and we thrive on ideas, creating new possibilities and solving challenging problems.
We are looking for a full-time experienced Data Architect, with keen analytical skills and an eye for detail, to join our growing team. The Data Architect will be involved in creating an end-to-end vision of how new data translate into physical databases and how to integrate disparate sources of data into a cohesive, easy-to-use framework by our IT and business users. The right candidate will be excited to optimize or re-design Remedy’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives while ensuring stability, flexibility, reliability, scalability and performance.
- Develop, maintain, optimize and test multi-platform database architecture, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts & tools.
- Provide insight and technology recommendations that result in enterprise solutions and architectural risk mitigation.
- Contribute to innovation strategies by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing new data centric technologies for the platform.
- Perform ELT operations and administration of data and systems securely and in accordance with enterprise data governance standards.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements such as automation of manual processes, optimization of data delivery and re-design of existing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure and processes required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and/or other data technologies.
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create and maintain data-related documentation (e.g. data dictionaries, data maps, etc.)
- Comply with and adhere to all regulatory compliance areas, policies and procedures (including HIPAA requirements), and “leading practices”.
- Work with data analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems and incorporation of industry best practices.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases, technologies.
- 5+ years in data architecture, designing and building data assets and products.
- Detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture concepts, infrastructure component and ELT process.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of relevant data engineering best practices and display expertise with tools needed to debug and diagnose issues.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, responding quickly to oversight and following instruction closely, while anticipating needs and developing efficiencies on repeat tasks.
- Strong sense of project ownership and the ability to manage high project volume effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytics skill with the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Quick self-motivated learner who can initiate and drive new projects in anticipation of management and client goals and objectives with little or no supervision
- Self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Must be able to adapt to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Sciences or other related fields or equivalent experience.
Preferred but not required
- Version control tools such as GitHub/bitbucket experience
- Knowledge and skills in PL/SQL
- Python or any other scripting language experience
- Adept in all phases of the SDLC
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience working with Pharmacy and/or Medical claims data
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous discretionary time-off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan through Principal
- Free gym membership
Remedy Analytics is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.